Thursday, June 18, 2015

Last minute Father's day gift

My dad doesn't ever want anything for Fathers day.
So technically this is what I gave my sister and mother for Mother's day this year.
But both are fair game!

What I did was print gradiant photos of my nieces, 
I then used my lightbox to trace their faces onto watercolor paper!



I'm not a very great artist, I'll be the first to admit this.

However, next year I will be better and the portraits will look MORE like the subject.

It was late the night before Mother's day so I just wanted to get it done.

Yeah the portraits weren't even close.

It's the thought that counts right?? 

Or if your Dad likes video games or anything specific you can always 
do a watercolor inspired by that.

I did a couple for my gallery wall,


It's just a couple things I did to fill up frames but would make a great gift no matter what the occasion, I scanned them and had them made into photos from Target so they were smooth.
I threw them in frames and they are are perfect for my space!

Thanks for stopping by!
W


No comments:

Post a Comment