Wednesday, June 29, 2011

wood working for blondes.

I've really gotten into a wood working kick lately.
And let me tell you something, I always took my dads tools for granted.
All you would have to do is dig through the cabinets in his garage to find what you needed.
the saw horses were nice too!
I started making this bench/table last week but I wasn't able to finish it because of sheer frustration.
8pm is not a great time to build something out of warped, free wood.
I wanted something that people could sit on, I'm tall and I HATE low patio furniture.
so its tall enough to be a table. not having anyone to help nor the patients to create a cute cross bracing this is what I came up with.

This is the finished piece. I know all the slots aren't all right but who cares, it sits outside.
I also made more moulding planters, I stacked the moulding on itself
 and the bottom one is an old pallet and a 4x4 fence post.
 My friend said the screws weren't very cute but it's meant to hold dirt.
It there fore has lost the right to be cute.
Bigfoot loves out side.
 Although most the time he is out back eating the grass...
And yes I gave him a haircut! cute, I know!
They really need to come and mow my lawn.
 Here is my back porch.
Yes, I have guys come and do my lawn!
Simply because my lawn is under warranty so the maintenance guys do it for me!
 meh, I'm not a huge fan of the set up of all the pots but what do you do??
 my favorite piece of lawn furniture.
 And here is the bench/table next to my chairs!!
how perfect does it match?
thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment