Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Living room tour.

We don't live in a very large lavish home,
As most people out there we have a very small house.
Here are my attempts at making my home more comfortable!
This is our living room after it has been cleaned.

the catch all was a freebie and holds most of the dropped stuff.
The other Freebie I use most is now a mail catchall.

That green end table was redone in a previous post!
I even hung up some of my halloween decorations, Even though it is just now september!


This is my entry way, I have been doing some crafting to fill up that blank space...
Hopefully I will finish that up so you can see it!


I've had this mirror for years and it finally found a permanent home!
my sister gave me the shelf years ago as well!
The frame was a gift from my MIL and the antique bottle was a gift from my mother. 
I am absolutely in love with the glade air freshener thing too!

 Heres a better view of the catch all.
 Mostly I just shove all of the things I don't know what to do with in the drawers and forget it is there!


This is our huge picture window! I adore how huge it it, but covering it was an adventure!


I also did some wall art, all printed at staples when I still worked there.


All of my misc stuff that lives on the coffee table now has their very own baskets.
the water bottle is for training the kitten, I know all the best decorators use them to save their curtains!


My book cases got shoved in the corner and rearranged, I needed a display case for all of the heirlooms my mother was giving me from my grand parents!


We haven't come across many of them but at least I have the space set aside for when my mother finds the rest of the heirlooms! I also plan on covering the cheap back of the bookcase with fabric or paper, I just haven't come across the box of fabric. Everything I own is still in boxes crammed in one of the bed rooms in the basement. I'm sure some of you can understand!


Remember this lamp?
I Found it on the side of the road, re wired it, gave it a new shade and here it is!!
Its the perfect lamp for doing my nails!

This is the entry way again, the pedestal was from my wedding!
it holds everything that my hubby drops off when he comes home!
keys get hung and my little ponies get hidden on top of the mirror.
My new kitten has completely demolished a few ponies so my ponies have interesting new homes!




Last but not least is the no soliciting sign I made for the front door!
Although I should have made it bigger, the only time someone reads it is when they have already have rung the door bell!

Thanks for stopping by!

W


No comments:

Post a Comment