Monday, August 27, 2012

Bedroom tour

We moved in quite a few months ago but I haven't quite decorated it until today.
Blogging is a great excuse to clean and decorate!

Of course I was interrupting nap time for the cats so they didn't allow me to take any cat free photos.

The most important part of the bed room is the tv, I can't sleep without one.
My mind will not shut off so the television keeps me from having insomnia.


This is the most boring part of the bed room, I have a blank wall.
The reason for this is I need my husband's truck and my hubby to pick up a beveled mirrored piece I have at my parents house. I can't wait to put it up against the wall but alas,
 it was not in the cards for today!
The humidifier keeps my hubby from snoring and the green table was an upcycle from my parents.

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PART
is this bed!

It is awesome!
You know you are getting old when you are excited about furniture.
But we got the whole bed and mattess for around $1300 which is pretty impressive because it is solid wood, no particle board! Also it has two vast drawers on each side and a lil hidey hole door as well!
My favorite part is the drawers come with wood dividers that you can use or remove!
Yes it is a king, because we can!
 I already had the comforter set from our first bed, The set only came in king and I had to have it because I hated everything else. Plus the whole set was $100.
You can't beat that. Thank you herbergers!
The sheets were a purchase from a target giftcard, they are the luxury sheets, I wouldn't have paid $90 for sheets on my own but a gift card is license to splurge!

This is the view from the door. we have two charming windows, I already had the curtains from our last house.
I even had the canvas, all I did was recover it!

This is my side, furthest from door as most women, I get the night stand, which is empty.
I also covered this canvas with some fabric and WHABAM: awesome.
the mirror was found while I was unpacking, I have no clue where it came from!



I bought the fabric as a remnant so I had no idea it was basically just an alphabet.
I can't say that I mind it now though, I was kicking myself while making it!
I figured I can always add some burlap and a huge monogram once I find my fabric.
I hung it up to keep it out of the way.


This is my hubbies side.
I put the candle and bird there just for this. 
LuLu will knock it down by the time I walk out of the room!
The shelf was on sale at hobby lobby.

And here is my blank wall!
awesome right??
But soon I will have my whole room finished. 
Now if I could keep it this clean, sigh!


Thanks for stopping by!

W

No comments:

Post a Comment