Sunday, July 14, 2013

Soda Can Diy

I drink way too much soda.
Seriously.

Because my hubby and I drink so much soda we have a surplus of aluminum cans.
We do recycle them, but when I was playing around with paint swatches and paper punches I had a great idea, "what if you can punch a soda can?"
well, of course you can.
ha ha can...


Sorry for the pun.

There are a few tutorials on how to punch and use soda cans in crafting.

The first thing I tried was a flower!

let me show you what I made!

look how awesome this is!
Pretty good for a first try!

To get started here is what I used:
5 dr. pepper cans (my drug of choice)
a flower petal punch by fiskars, it has two sizes
e6000 glue

I cut up 5 soda cans, I punched petals from all of them and saved the bottom from one,
For the base I used the bottom of the can and folded down the sharp edges.


I then folded, bent and glued the larger petals to the base.
I went around a few times and came up with this,
This would have made a cute flower the way it was, so you could stop here.

That's not how I roll,

so then I added the smaller petals. working around and around again.


Folding and bending before glueing them was way easier then trying to bend them afterwords FYI.

I kept going until I was out of room!

And TADA!

my finished flower!
I'm going to play around with different curling and petal placement.

I can't wait to find some magnets to put on the back so I can put it on the fridge!

Thanks for stopping by!

W










6 comments:

  1. Love This! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! What type of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry.... just saw that you put that in the info, geesh lol

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous!
    I'm making a rustic tin can wreath
    This flower will be fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Really nice first time too. I appreciate the tutorial. Did you use tun snips? What glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete