Monday, April 4, 2011

DIY Test Tube spice rack.

When I got married I wanted a science theme. We got married at a science museum and I needed something fitting of the decor!

I ordered these bad boys from a bar supply store online, they were made for shots. My husbands name starts with a M as well as mine so we went with the M&M idea, but I didn't want to spend the money on custom printed ones! So I created the Label, which I changed the Biohazard symbol to have a heart in the center. This is the end result

When you order test tubes make sure you read to see how many you are actually ordering. I ordered 80 test tubes... What to do with 40 extra test tubes?
Spice Rack!!
I used the same concept! Same size labels just different design! and Viola!
Spice rack!
 sitting on the counter next to the Mixer and the stove.
I raided my mothers spice cabinet for the whole selection but it was well worth it!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. This. Is. SO. cool! A mad scientist lab right in your kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea! I just featured it on my blog. :)

    http://www.polishthestars.com/2011/05/link-party-monday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Test tube racks are very popular & these test tube racks are important for research labs.
    custom quartz parts
    http://www.precisioncells.com/custom-cuvette-and-flow-cell-manufacturing

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I was wondering, do you have a template that you used or an estimation for size of labels. These seem to work well and I have a similar size set that I purchased.

    ReplyDelete