Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two for one!

I did this awhile back but it's about time to post it.
I love the look of home photo galleries, but I really don't think I could sit there and plan it out on tissue paper, and then pin it up and then nail, blah blah blah.....
so.... Menards to the rescue! I purchased 8ft of this:
 I found it in the picture frame moulding isle, yes you are supposed to make photo frames out of it but it has a perfect L shape!
 Add that with some L brackets
Yes it split the wood, not too worried....

 And hang her on the wall! It does look so crocked but its just the angle I'm sure.
Here is the upper one.



 this is the lower shelf
the frames are from the dollar store, I plan on spraying them with some kind of paint so you can't tell that they are cheap plastic!

Painted Frames with photos, I used a hammered metal rustoleum.

When I purchase more frames it should look better.

The screws do stick out slightly from the bottom but who will really notice?

While I was at Menards I also purchased a mitre box and some moulding.
 Cute set up yes?
 Cutting the moulding was a great workout, but I moved it around so much that I clamped it together.
 I had attempted cutting before using only the pegs that came with the mitre box but the angles didn't come out quite right.
 I recut all of the angles! now they actually fit!
 some awesome glue will help I'm sure!
This is what happens when you aren't paying attention because bones is on...

A cute lil 4x6 ready for a photo!
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment