Monday, May 23, 2011

DIY Solar lamps.

What do you do when everyone in your neighbor hood has the same solar path lights?
I have seen all the ones I want and then the ones I don't around here.
And my neighbors are the kind that would point out that I got the same lights as someone else, like I really care but I did want something else.  All the ones I found were just.... BLAH.
so whats a gal to do?
I was on dollar store crafts website and came across The hand me down house tutorial on jar lights.
AMAZING! 
so I gathered all the jars from my mom's house.
Okay so only the quart jars, I love big jars. I have no clue why.

and then I added the parts from these cheap ugly things.
I glued the posts on to the bottom, I'm not sure if I care that they are not straight.
If you do this make sure to use water resistant glue, that is really strong.
Especially where I am the wind reaches 85 mph. no joke!
I also just glued the lids on, they fit perfectly on the wide mouth jars!
 TA DA! the finished product.
 See I do have grass....
 You can't see but there is a water pipe access port thing in the middle of my lawn.
I'm sure they thought that out well.
I also changed the wreath holder on my front door, a bird made a tiny nest in it!
Should I leave it or remove it?
Any way you can see the neighbors lights across the street.
I'm so glad I have my own driveway, I hate sharing like that. 
but I can share a common wall with the neighbors staircase. 
I did manage to break off the plastic leg off of one light, the plastic actually broke, not the glue. 
Just my luck!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally clever. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Idea!!! You could also so this if you have some and the glass breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bout a picture at night to see how they work?
    Please. I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete