Monday, April 27, 2015

Wedding decorations, cheap and easy.

I decorated for a wedding last year that I was apart of,

I made the centerpieces out of antique coke bottles, filled them with sand to weigh them down, inserted choke cherry branches and dried peonies both from my backyard.
I made paper airplanes to string between the branches out of book pages
(The wedding reception was held in an airplane hangar.)
 I also had pink and clear crystals that I hung from the branches!





Most of the center pieces look similar!


I also made burlap bows with ribbon and added paper flowers from the same book pages,
 with a cricut! I used the Large flower cartridge.

they can be seen here on the card box,



And the pews,





And on another card box,



I lent them the use of four of my cake stands from  the Wilton brand, 
put tulle and a string of white roses on the table!



It gave the tables a beautiful texture!



And of course the chalkboard for the ceremony of course:


I also made all the bridesmaids necklaces and earrings, I even hand embroidered a beautiful necklace for the bride as a gift.

 I also gave them a window with their initial and happily ever after on the bottom as another gift.



                         



For pretty cheap I was able to throw most of this together by myself and within a short period of time.
Also I did some hair for the bridesmaids.
Oh and I paid half of the mother of the bride dress because they couldn't afford it.

My biggest mistake is that I did all of this thinking it would be appreciated.

My biggest mistake is doing nice things for people who don't think nice things about me.

You live, you learn!

Thanks for stopping by!
W

No comments:

Post a Comment